Assessing and approving people to foster is a skilled role, it is essential that children are safe and cared for with the right family. Nobody has a right to foster and it is a privileged opportunity to care for someone else’s children. Learnings from serious case reviews often talk of poor assessments, a lack of analysis and evidence, little evidence of Quality Assurance.
In this course, together we will explore:
- The Assessment schedule and Important elements of becoming a foster carer
- Expectations of the role and understanding the fostering agency
- The references, checks and important aspects of stage 1: how we seek the information and implement it meaningfully into the assessment
- The role of the Assessor: the writing skills required, exploring learning styles and how we consider the foundations for reflective practice
- Building the evidence: how we move away from self-reported, descriptive assessments
- Risk Assessing and analysis: how we ensure the reader has confidence in the recommendations and reasons presented.
The cost for the session is £115 per delegate.
Book directly with CLFS here: A Thorough Foster Carer Assessment
Or if you are a NAFP member, email [email protected] with your promo code to be booked on with the discount applied.