We are the only organisation that campaigns solely for independent fostering providers and the children they care for across England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Guided by you, we operate at the interface between our members, local authorities, inspectorates and national government. We campaign in every arena that matters – so that you can do more of what you do best: getting the very best for the children in your care.
NAFP members care for around 96% of children living with IFA foster carers across England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
What we do for members
- A weekly best practice video call with the support and experience of NAFP and other members that you can dip in and out of as you need to
- A weekly members' email bulletin straight to your inbox with news, commissioning deadlines, consultations and policy changes
- Access to a comprehensive database of commissioning arrangements across the country, and a shared folder of model documents and policies
- Six-weekly regional Zoom calls across England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales (guide to Zoom accessibility for hearing impaired people)
- Representation with local authority commissioning consortia, tackling some of the challenges that can only be addressed by NAFP with its wide base of support from IFAs
- One-to-one support from NAFP associates when things are tough
- Email groups on a range of topics, including registered managers, panel chairs/vice-chairs, GDPR, small IFAs, UASC
- Networks for IFA panel chairs and vice-chairs, registered managers and agency decision makers
- Specialist briefings gained from our unique knowledge of working across the UK
- Regular seminars on the issues you need to know about
- Take your messages to government across the UK
What our members say
I am very pleased with our agency being a member of NAFP. We experience the benefits of being part of a group of IFPs working together and sharing experiences, especially in dealing with local authorities.
We are delighted with the support, guidance and service you provide so we are happy to continue our membership
Just a quick note to say I really enjoyed the discussions at today’s meeting. I found them very useful and also reassuring to know we are all in this together.
Thank you so much for the list of local authority contacts. This is worth the annual membership fee alone!
I can’t think of any improvements, there is excellent and regular communication between ourselves and NAFP. It is good to get together with other providers at the regional events.
NAFP effectively represents the IFP sector and tirelessly seeks to ground discussion, inform members, encourage cooperation, improve image and engage with commissioners and government
Very responsive and personal service, local meetings, briefings and updates are really helpful, feel included in something with a much bigger voice to be heard nationally
Thank you for your very helpful email in reply to my enquiries. It is reassuring that your advice and service is so accessible and swift to respond. I will certainly be in touch if I have any further questions.
Just to say a massive thank you for the difference you have made whilst I have been a member of NAFP
I just wanted to say thank you for all the information and guidance NAFP have provided over the last few months. It has been really helpful and made me feel reassured that the issues/problems this pandemic has thrown our way have been experienced by everyone.